1. Keep Your Websites Up to Date
Because of social distancing, most people opt for the phone or computer to get all the information they need about a company. You may have noticed your website search traffic rise since the start of the pandemic. More people at home meant more people online than ever. Because of this, you need to keep your website information up to date. Covid-19 has impacted nearly every part of a business, including hours, capacity, and operations. Your website and digital presence need to be updated accordingly.
If your hours have changed, you should make sure your website is updated with the new hours of operation. As a business, you need to also update your Google My Business listing, as well as anywhere else your clients can find you online. Nothing is more frustrating to a customer than misinformation about your hours and then going out of their way to arrive at
your place that is now closed. You want to keep your customers as informed and happy as possible, particularly during these times.
Here are some items that need to stay up to date, according to coronavirus guidelines such as:
- Hours: Operating hours will most likely be affected during this time. Update hours on your website accordingly, so your customers do not get frustrated.
- Capacity: If your business is open to the public you might have to change the capacity listed on your website or change the number of people in the office, including staff listed on the website as available. Make sure you highlight those changes on your website.
- Changes: Any changes you make to your business, including not offering a certain product or service anymore, should be highlighted on your website.
2. Stay Connected to Your Customers
Staying connected and showing your customers you care is always important, but even more so currently. Because of lockdowns and social distancing, more people are on their smart devices and computers looking to network and connect. A great way to market your business during Covid-19 is to be as connected to your companies as ever. As a company, it is important to stand out and be noticed during these difficult times. Connecting with your audience digitally is a great way to do that. There are many ways to stay connected to your customers, such as:
- Engage on social media: Customers like communication, it promotes trust and humanizes your brand. Most buyers are on social media constantly during this time. So, be active and responsive to promote a positive experience with your company.
- Chatbots/Instant messaging: Having a chatbot on your website or mobile apps shows you want to help in a way that is convenient to the user during these troubled times. Using chatbots and instant messengers can make it easier for your audience to communicate with your business.
- Discussion Posts/Surveys: Customers love to engage in discussions and take surveys because they feel their opinions are valued. And, with everyone on their phones more, participation has risen in these types of interactions, which can create more engagement.
3. Show You Care
Being empathic and caring to everyone, especially to your customers during this time, is crucial. This is the time to switch the tone in your marketing campaigns. Another way to market your business during Covid-19 is by promoting health and safety through your advertisements. The coronavirus is a very scary and touchy subject. People are losing jobs, friends, and family members due to the virus. Because of this, we all need to go the extra mile to show everyone we care about each other. A few ways to show your customers you care through your marketing include:
- Safety Precautions: Featuring safety precautions in your marketing, including steps taken by your company to stay safe during the pandemic, is important. Showing things like masks, gloves, and social distancing in your advertisements can go a long way.
- Featuring Real People: Highlighting real stories with real people struggling and how your brand is helping can be another effective way to show people you care.
- Promote Health Tips: Along with showing your own brand’s safety precautions, it is important to highlight other health tips. This can include washing hands, staying socially distant, and not touching your face.
Even though some states are beginning to open and moving through phases, there are still some people that want to continue to be cautious and it is important to respect that. There are a lot of people that are still high-risk factors to the disease regardless of the fatality rate and they want to continue to practice safe distancing. Businesses must make accommodations for those who have been affected by the coronavirus and highlight those accommodations through your marketing efforts. Your business should continue to have safe options for people who want to continue to social distance such as:
- Virtual Options: Depending on your businesses, if there is a possible way to help them virtually, for example, customer service, this is the time to have that in action
- Social Distancing: Make sure your location has signs and markers that highlight the social distancing rules to make people feel safer
- Drive-up/Curbside Options: Advertising your curbside options can show your customers that you care. Do this by providing an additional safer way for them to purchase from you without risking their health.
5. Provide Corona Tips Relating to Your Industry
A great way to connect with your customers through your marketing is by blogging and creating posts related to your industry. At any time, blogging can be a great way to connect to your customers and keep them engaged. AT this time, people are scared, bored, and confused because this is all so new and scary. So, take some time and do some research and provide tips and tricks related to your industry. You can include:
- Safety tips within your industry
- Remote working tips within your industry
- Handling life tasks (shopping, childcare)
- Health tips
6. Offer Special Deals
One of the most important and successful ways to market your business during Covid-19 is to offer special discounts in order to promote business. The pandemic shut almost everything down in the beginning, restricting us from going out to places of business. Because of this, the competition is fierce, and marketing is essential. At this point making your business stand out among the rest is essential. The best way to do that is by offering special deals and sales. In marketing these special offers, use social media, your website, signs, and anywhere you can get in front of your audience to promote your special. There are many types of deals you can offer to drive business, depending on your industry. For example:
- Restaurants: Offering a discount on pickups or free deliveries can make you stand out from the competition during the pandemic.
- Online Sales: If you have a product-based business, offer special deals if your customer orders online versus in person.
7. Marketing for the Future
Although coronavirus has hit businesses and economies, it will not last forever. Preparing your business for the future when restrictions are lifted is crucial. It is not only important to plan, you should market your plans to your clients. The virus has impacted the way we think and our whole attitude, and because of that, you will need to change your marketing efforts accordingly. Take the time now to collect data on current consumer behavior and use that for your next chapter of business, when the pandemic is over.